Having troubles managing all your Google accounts at once? Not able to access different Google accounts without the need to use special add-ons or multiple web browsers? Google services are a big part of our lives when we use the internet for different purposes. Most of us have multiple Google accounts for serving different purpose. For instance, you may have one personal Gmail account, another one for public forums, and another for your website. If you are looking for a way to access all your Google accounts simultaneously with any hassles, here is a guide to help you understand how to use Google’s Multiple Sign-in feature for accessing all your accounts at once.
Adding Multiple Sign-in Feature to Google Account
In order to add multiple sign-in feature, you need to first edit your Google Account. Click on Google.com/accounts, then sign in using your main Google account. It is better to use your primary account at this time as you will be using the same account to access all your Google services in future.
1. Click Edit, located beside the Multiple Sign-In option in Personal Settings section.
2. Select On – Use Multiple Accounts in Same Browser and check all boxes to depict that you understand all features and limitations associated with Multiple Sign-in.
Though all the Google apps do not support this feature currently, but most of the major ones such as Google Docs and Gmail work great. Once you have successfully finished the above steps, click Save.
3. Now you will see the Confirmation appearing at the top of your page. Click Back to return to the Accounts settings page.
4. Now you will see a downward arrow present besides the Google account. Click on it and then click Sign in to other account for adding that account to your primary account.
5. Log into the other Google account which you wish to add to the primary account.
6. After this, you will be able to see the second account whenever you click on the downward arrow located besides the primary email address. The primary account will appear in bold as the default account. Click on the second email to switch to it.
7. In order to add any more Google accounts, repeat the same steps mentioned above.
Removing a Linked Account
If you wish to remove any of the additional accounts that you have added to your primary account using the multiple sign-in feature, the bad news is that there is no way to remove just a single linked account. You will have to completely turn off the multiple sign-in feature in order to remove those accounts.
To do this, login to the Google Accounts page just like before, click Edit located besides Multiple Sign-in, then click Off bullet near bottom. Finally, click on Save.
Irrespective of the reason why you use different Google accounts, whether to keep personal and business mails separate or to keep your online profile separate from the original profile, the steps mentioned above is the best way of keeping and managing all your Google accounts together, without the need to log off and on again and again to use different accounts.