A scanner is an electronic device that helps convert hard copies of photographs and text documents into soft copies. These soft copies can be stored in the database of your computer’s hard drive for future use.
The HP6210 is a scanner manufactured by HP. The scanner comes fitted with a software device that helps align the scanning process. However, there can be times when the scanner might give you problems. The non-working condition of your HP6210 scanner could be either due to some software glitch or because of some hardware problem. In either case you will have to troubleshoot to make the scanner work again.
In this article we will give you a few troubleshooting tips in case your HP6210 starts acting up.
1. First remove the power plug of the HP6210 scanner and plug it in again. Next, unplug the USB cable that is positioned at the back of the scanner. The other end of this USB cord is plugged in the port of your computer; unplug it. Now plug both the ends of the cable back into their respective ports and check whether the connections are secured properly or not.
2. Go to the “Start” – ‘Control Panel” and click on the tab that reads “Uninstall a Program”. Your Windows XP will give you the option of “Add or Remove Programs”.
3. Select the tab for the HP scanner software and click on “Uninstall”. You will receive a set of instructions on your computer screen. Perform the steps given in the instructions. Now close the window. To install the scanner again, you will have to use the disc given along with your HP6210. Insert the disc and start the installation process by following the steps given in the instructions.
4. Turn on your internet connection and go to the support website for your HP6210. On the site you will see the “Software and Driver Downloads” tab. You will get a drop-down menu from where you will have to choose your operating system. You will also be provided with a number of links; select the link which has the latest HP6210 driver.
5. Once you have established the latest driver, double click on the link and follow the instructions. This will help you install the scanner again. Now restart the computer and try using your HP6210 scanner again.
6. If the screen displays “Not enough disk space” error message then check the software of your scanner. Go to “Settings” and select the tab that reads “Scan Settings and Preferences”. Now first click on the “Scan Picture Settings” tab and then the “Resolution” tab.
7. Next, select the tab that reads “Millions of colors”. You will find this in option under the “Output Type” heading. Click on “OK” and try scanning the image/document again.
8. Unclear image or streaked image means that your scanner is dirty. Open the lid of your HP6210 scanner and clean the scanning area using a soft, non-abrasive cloth. Do not use water or any other cleansing agent to wipe the scanner. Removal of dirt, dust and germs from the scanning area will improve the quality of the scanned image.